Fortnite for Android
Fortnite is a popular shooter game which is spreading like a fire and has set bars high for other games. It’s a multiplatform game which is expanding to grip on its medium. After the release of Fortnite for iPhone, gamers want to know when it will be releasing for the most popular operating system “Android”. Fortnite has been released for Playstation4, XBOX, PC and iOS as well so it’s a valid question.
Epic games have announced in March 2018 that Fortnite Battle Royale game would be coming to mobile devices. The game would be the same as 100 player’s game that is available for Playstation4, XBOX, and PC.
The Fortnite developer has cleared that it would be coming with the same gameplay, same content, same map and same weekly updates. Fortnite also comes with cross-platform play in iOS, Mac, PC, Android, Xbox, and Playstation4, which means if you’re playing through PC or mobile you can play with any gamer playing through any platform, but if you’re Playstation4 or Xbox user you cannot play together. The controls to play this game will be a little bit different which will suit the touchscreen.
Fortnite Mobile Android Release Date
Fortnite for android will be released very soon in this summer, the date is still not clear when it will be available. Epic games have been very consistent and punctual in providing the updates.
The iOS version for Fortnite was available from this spring on compatible devices after the invite-only access was over. For iOS version gamers need to Sign up in Epics website, then they will receive an email for the download and a code. This method was chosen because of a massive installation on mobile. If Epic would have opened the download for all mobile operating system it would have become very difficult to handle.
If you Sign Up to Epics website for Fortnite mobile and login to your account it will show you the list of compatible devices on which you can play Fortnite.
List of Compatible devices
• Google Pixel 2 / Google 2 XL
• Huawei Mate 10 / Huawei Mate 10 Pro / Huawei Mate 10 Lite
• Huawei Mate 9 / Huawei Mate 9 Pro
• Huawei P10 / Huawei P10 Plus / Huawei P10 Lite
• Huawei P9 / Huawei P9 Lite
• Huawei P8 Lite 2017
• LG G6
• LG V30 / V30+
As we check out the compatible devices, these are all high-end devices, which means Fortnite will not support low-end or mid-range devices. You will surely need a high-end smartphone to play Fortnite on your Android device. The list will definitely disappoint those gamers who have low to mid-range devices, we hope Epic to update the list in future with some low and mid-range devices as well.
How Fortnite mobile invites worked
For those who want to know how this invites actually worked and how they can download the game on their mobile. Here is a step by step method which will helps you to download the game on your mobile. This method is for iOS devices and for Android mobile it’s not be rolled out yet.
1. First, you need register on its official website to receive invites via Email.
2. You have to wait for the invite, you will receive an email having URL for the invite.
3. Once you click on the URL, it will open directly in Safari browser and it should open the App Store. Now it’s time to download the game.
4. As you download the game and load it up, it will ask you whether you have received an invite email or not, if you have received then it will further ask you to log in and then here you go, you can start playing the game.